1. We are 3 weeks into the New Year. How are you doing? Are you on track in the most important areas in your life?
2. Commemorating Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday. How far have African Americans Come Since the 1960's? A conversation with my husband, Sociologist, Jim Vrettos, host of The Radical Imagination on MNN.
1. We're almost 2 weeks into the New Year. How are you doing in the 10 most important areas of your life? Take my test and find out.
2. Beginning next week you can call me during the ASK BEATTY SHOW at 888-874-4888 with your questions and comments
NEW BEGINNINGS 2022
1. Most people make new year's resolutions that typically fall by the wayside within the first few weeks. Are you onboard to commit to at least a couple of evidence-based findings that guarantee to improve the quality of your life and relationships?
2. How to Make Romance a Priority in 2022 (Alix Strauss, NYT Jan. 2, 2022).
3. The Gift of Validation in Relationships. Validating the feelings of others is a key to relationship success.
4. What 1,320 Therapists Across the Nation Are Saying....
TODAY'S ASK BEATTY SHOW IS DEDICATED TO MY PARENTS THE LATE MAURICE AND EDITH SAIR, WHO TAUGHT ME TO GO AFTER MY DREAMS AND 'NEVER GIVE UP', REGARDLESS OF THE CHALLENGES AND OBSTACLES THAT I FACED IN MY LIFE. I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL FOR THEIR LOVE, PATIENCE, UNDERSTANDING AND WISDOM.
1. We all have an opportunity every day to reset and behave in ways that will help us to live happier and healthier lives. Are you on-board for 2022? Take my test and find out.
2. My guest today is psychiatrist Dr. Len Lantz, who will be discussing TMS,(transcranial magnetic stimulation), a FDA approved therapy that has transformed the lives of many people suffering from severe treatment-resistant depression. Dr. Lantz's websites: (Lenlantz.com and Psychiatryresource.com). THIS IS A NOT TO BE MISSED SHOW!!
1. As 2021 is winding down, let's take an honest look at where you are at in your life physically, emotionally, psychiatrically, spiritually, sexually and financially. Are you happy with your relationships...both business and personal? And more importantly, what are you planning to DO in 2022 that will improve the quality of your life and relationships?
2. Interesting Research Findings About Sleep: Why 6-8 hours is Crucial
3. Physical Activity and Aging Brains (NYT, December 7th 2021)
4. Must I Go Home for the Holiday?
TO LIFE AND LOVE AND EMPOWERMENT!
1. BEATTY'S WEEKLY TEST: Are you living your life in ways that are in your best interest. Take my test and find out. And if your results show that you are NOT, are you willing to actually DO something about it?
2. You Can't really Love Someone Until You Love Yourself.
3. "In the matter of intimate relationships, it was obvious that I couldn't be trusted to choose wisely or well". (New York Times, December 5th 2021). THE IMPORTANCE OF ASKING FOR WHAT WE WANT.
4. Effective Marriage Counseling: A Unique Approach. Listen to Beatty's 3 step-approach to effective marriage/couple's counseling.
1. Daily Reminders of all the things that we can DO that are in our best interest!!
2. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: Analysis of a New York Times article.. A Tear-Streaked Face and a Scramble to Help in Maine. (November 29th 2021).
3. What About an Inside Makeover? Consider this BEFORE scheduling your appointment with a plastic surgeon.
1. Are you remembering to be GOOD to yourself and mindful of living your life in ways that ARE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST??
2. SUICIDE. Why Are More Black Kids Suicidal: A Search for Answers. The New York Times 11/19/21. An in-depth analysis and discussion with my husband sociologist Jim Vrettos, Professor and host of THE RADICAL IMAGINATION television show on MNN.
1. Weekly Reminders.......Living Your Life in Ways That Are In Your Best Interest.
2. Nurturing Kindness Early On Has Its Rewards
3. You Can't Really Love Someone Until You Love Yourself.
4. TMS..a Breakthrough for Depression
1. 7 Habits You'll Notice the Happiest People Practicing (but Most of Us Rarely Do)
2. 3 Things To DO Today If You Are Exhausted.
3. Self-Care Reminders
4. Alec Baldwin and the Neglected Trauma of Unintentional Killing...Commentary with Sociologist Jim Vrettos, host of The Radical Imagination on MNN