1. Why is doing what is in our interest so hard? Ways to learn to get out of your own way.
1. Beatty's daily reminders that will help you make your life and relationships healthier and more satisfying. Just say YES to doing what is in your best interest!!!
2. AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE EXPERIENCING A TSUNAMI OF INFORMATION AND NEGATIVE IMPACTS ON THEIR MENTAL HEALTH. THERE ARE SIMPLY TOO MANY TRAUMATIC, VIOLENT AND RACIALLY CHARGED SITUATIONS IMPACTING AFRICAN AMERICANS MENTAL HEALTH.THE PANDEMIC HAS FURTHER IMPACTED MENTAL HEALTH CONCERNS THAT INCLUDES DEPRESSION, ANGER, ANXIETY, LONLINESS AND ISOLATION.MY GUEST ON THE ASK BEATTY SHOW ON THE PROGRESSIVE RADIO NETWORK IS COLETTE WINLOCK. COLETTE IS A PUBLISHED AUTHOR, HER 1ST NOVEL UNDOING CRAZY DEALS WITH THE EFFECTS OF RACISM AND DEPRESSION ON AN AFRICAN AMERICAN FAMILY LIVING IN OAKLAND AND IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON HER SECOND NOVEL.SHE HAS WORKED WITH MENTAL HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION AND EARLY INTERVENTION SERVICES FOR OVER 40 YEARS. FOR 10 YEARS SHE WAS THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOR OAKLAND, CA. HEALTH AND HUMAN RESOURCE EDUCATION CENTER'S BLACK WOMEN'S MEDIA AND WELLNESS PROJECT AND WORKED FOR 5 YEARS AT THE NATIONAL BLACK ALCOHOLISM COUNCIL, CA. CHAPTER.COLETTE SERVED AS THE HEALTH DIRECTOR FOR THE BAY AREA BLACK UNITED FUND FOR 8 YEARS, WHERE SHE HEADED UP THE HARRIET TUBMAN CRITICAL MASS HEALTH CONDUCTORS AND THE BAY AREA AFRICAN AMERICAN HEALTH SUMMIT. COLETTE HOLDS DEGREES IN KINESIOLOGY AND CULTURAL ANTHROPOLOGY. SHE IS IN MULTIPLE SPORTS HALL OF FAMES FOR TRACK AND FIELD AND AN INDUCTEE IN THE WOMEN'S HALL OF FAME.THESE ARE SOME OF THE ISSUES THAT WE WILL BE DISCUSSING:1. HOW DOES SYSTEMIC RACISM AFFECT AFRICAN AMERICAN INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS?2. WHAT IS IT LIKE TO BE PULLED OVER AND STOPPED BY THE POLICE BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF YOUR SKIN? LET'S TALK ABOUT THE IMPACT THAT THIS HAS ON PEOPLE'S MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL WELL-BEING.3. WHAT DO YOU FEEL ARE THE MENTAL HEALTH BENEFITS OF THE BLACK LIVES MATTER SOCIAL MOVEMENT? DO YOU FEEL THAT PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO FEEL A SENSE OF EMPOWERMENT!!4. SOME PEOPLE FEEL THAT USING THE PHRASE BLACK LIVES MATTER INSTEAD OF ALL LIVES MATTER NEGATES THE FACT THAT INDEED ALL LIVES DO MATTER. HOW DOES USING THE TERM BLACK LIVES MATTER FURTHER THE STRUGGLE FOR RACIAL EQUALITY?5. WE ARE FINALLY SEEING MORE BLACK AND BROWN FACES IN COMMERCIALS, ON TELEVISION SHOWS IN THE MOVIES AND IN POLITICS. DO YOU THINK THAT THIS IS MAKING AFRICAN AMERICANS FEEL MORE HOPEFUL ABOUT BEING ABLE TO 'MAKE IT' IN WHAT HAS BEEN A TRADITIONALLY WHITE MEDIA AND POLITICAL WORLD?6. DO YOU THINK THAT BOTH BLACKS AND WHITES ARE STARTING TO WANT TO COME TOGETHER AS HUMAN BEINGS OR DO YOU FEEL THAT THERE IS AN INCREASING DESIRE ON ALL FRONTS TO CONTINUE TO WANT TO LIVE SEPARATELY?7. NOW THAT WHITE SUPREMACY IS BROADLY EXPOSED IN THIS CENTURY, WILL IT BECOME NORMALIZED AND DECONSTRUCTED?8. WHAT IS VICARIOUS TRAUMA AND CAN YOU INTERVENE?
1. Daily Reminders for Living Your Life In Ways That Are In Your Best Interest. EDUCATION IS THE KEY YO EMPOWERMENT IN ALL FACTS OF OUR LIVES!
1. Are you living your life in ways that are in your best interest in both your personal and professional life? Are you being good to yourself? Are you taking care of your emotional, psychological and physical well-being? Take my test and find out.
1. Daily reminders of all of the things that we DO have control over to improve the quality of our lives and relationships. Are you on board?
1. Daily Reminders of Living Life in Ways That Are In Our Best Interest.
2. Rates of Depression in the USA...REACH OUT AND ASK FOR HELP! THIS IS A NOT TO BE MISSED INTERVIEW My guest today is JOANNE HARPEL, MPhil, JD and President of COPING AFTER SUICIDE LLC and President and CEO of Rethink the Conversation. Joanne is an international authority on suicide, bereavement and postvention response, with over 20 years of experience addressing the questions, emotions and fears that arise in the AFTERMATH of suicide. She is certified in thanatology (death , dying and bereavement) and does deep transformative, life-changing work with organizations , schools, colleges, mental health clinicians health care professionals, clergy, funeral directors, first responders and educators, as well as providing the media with insight and perspective into the unique nature of suicide loss. *** THE NATIONAL SUICIDE HOTLINE NUMBER is 1-800-273-TALK (8255)***
1. Are you living your life on a day to day basis in tangible ways that are in your best interest?
2. How Are Most People Really Responding to Getting Back To 'Normal'. You May Be Surprised 3. My guest today is marriage and family therapist ELLE MICHEL from Santa Monic, CA with a master's degree in clinical psychology. She maintains a private practice in Los Angeles where she specializes in healing complex trauma, compulsive disorder and borderline personality disorder using EMDR, DBT, Brainspotting and a Trauma Resiliency Model to achieve tangible results quickly. Her clients often tell her that no other therapist has helped them in the way that she has and that they finally have the tools they need to let go of trauma and thrive. TO LIFE AND LOVE!!! xxBEATTY
1. Self Care...You Deserve It!
2. Depression Rates Increasing. Remedies That Work! 3. 5 Places Where People Live the Longest and Healthiest Lives. 4. Should Governor Cuomo Resign? Sexual Harassment in the Workplace. Sociologist Jim Vrettose, former professor at Yeshiva University and John Jay College and host of The Radical Imagination on MNN weighs in. xxBEATTY